PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sports Grant
This funding is provided to each school to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of our pupils so that they can develop healthy lifestyles. We are required to report on how we use these funds and the difference made to P.E. and Sport in our school as a result.
PE AND SPORTS GRANT 2014-2015
Our allocation including rollover was £8367.00
We restructured the way in which we are delivered our PE curriculum. We recruited Kinder Sports Coaches to help not only deliver exciting high quality PE lessons, but to work alongside our teachers to help them develop their own skills base to ensure a long term plan for high quality sports teaching.
Last year spending was allocated to the following activities:
- Employing the services of KinderSports to provide an hour of sports coaching for every class in the school. Also to support our teachers in professional development
- The purchase of new equipment and schemes of work to support teaching and learning of PE and sports.
- The purchase of new equipment and materials to support physical activity for all pupils at playtimes.
- The purchase of new equipment and materials to support outdoor learning through physical movement and activity for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
What impact was been seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment as a result, to ensure that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles?
- All pupils have benefited from teaching by a trained sports coach. All pupils developed their multi-skills abilities. Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 developed their agility, balance and coordination skills. Staff have observed and taken part in sessions for their own skills development and applied their learning with their pupils.
- Staff have applied new skills learned from observing this skills training and from a training sessions.
- Pupil can now access a wider range of physical activities as part of their outdoor learning increasing their physical activity and opportunities to develop their early movement skills.
- The new resources for Gym and dance now used consistently across the school. This supported the development of new long term curriculum plans.
- The development of a competitive football team playing in the local league
- Increased physical activity at playtimes
PE AND SPORTS GRANT 2015-2016
Our allocation is £8000 +£5 per child in years 1 - 6 as on the day of Jan this equates to £8690 (Sept – March 7/12 - £5069.17)
Spend this Academic year Sept 2015 - March 2016
- KinderSports – £3375
- Equipment repair trimtrail – £790
- Football Kit - £120
- Greenacre Scheme of Work – £815
- Total £5100
We have decided to no longer use KinderSports as our sports provider, allowing our teachers to use their skills to deliver good quality lessons. We have also purchased a new scheme (Greenacre) which comes highly recommended.
Our main focus moving forward will be to focus on spending the money on staff CPD. For example football coaching sessions or Gymnastics. We are looking at whole school PE training on an INSET day at the beginning of the year. We would also like to offer more unusual sports to motivate those who have a more negative attitude to PE, for example Archery.